CDRE®, ABR®, SRS®, ASA®, Sales Representative
From your first to your last, the process of buying or selling a home is about so much more than a transaction. It’s about beginning a new life together, raising a family, starting a new adventure, creating memories and sometimes starting over.
Real estate is more than just a business to me. It’s about service and service is my passion. It’s my goal to make every single client feel like they are my only client.
It all started when I bought my first house in 1988 and decided then that someday I would be instrumental in helping others with their dream of home ownership. With a longing in my heart, I waited 18 years for that dream to come true. In 2006, I began this incredible journey. I chose this career path because, simply put, there’s nothing better to me than working with people, and the whole process of buying and selling a home!
I grew up on a farm in Mount Forest, lived in Listowel and Drayton for a number of years, then moved to the “big city” of Kitchener, where I have made my home for over 30 years. Through my life, I had numerous jobs in the service industry, administration and ran a small business. Eventually I was privileged to be able to remain at home to raise my three children, and where I volunteered on their Parent Teacher Council and at my local church.
Real Estate has ALWAYS been about relationships for me. I have invested countless hours learning the art of real estate and maintaining the respect of my clients. Getting to know them, and building lasting relationships is really part of who I am. I celebrate with a full heart when a client calls to cancel their listing because they have decided to save their marriage. I weep with my clients when they don’t get the house of their dreams, and rally around them to encourage them to wait for “their” home. I listen to family dramas, squabbles and stories just like a counselor. I honestly enjoy spending time with them and being part of their family.
I also understand the journey of divorce, the uncertainties, and the need to feel safe. I am trained and highly-skilled to work with families of divorce. My personal goal is to have a positive impact on divorcing families, the community, and broken hearts because I value acceptance, hard work, and self-fulfillment. Every situation is different, every family is different. The first steps are truly the hardest and I’m here to make a difference in the lives of divorcing families.
What else do you need to know about me?
- I’ve been a licensed REALTOR®, connecting families to homes in the Waterloo Region, since 2006
- I’m a business owner, team leader, and real estate trainer at Davenport Realty, Brokerage
- I’m a Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert (CDRE™) – the first Canadian to graduate from the Ilumni Institute in Southern California
- I have received numerous designations with excellent training giving me the skills to work with sellers, buyers, seniors, investors and divorcing families
- I’m a member of 100 Women Who Care – Waterloo Region
- I have been volunteering at Meals on Wheels through Community Support Services since 2009
- I am a writer and blogger at Divorce Haven
- And, I still serve at my local church
So whether you’re looking to buy your first home, sell your last, or something in between, I’d love to talk to you about how we can work together, and how I can help you in your journey ahead.